There is more available information about the church from the 14th century at the time of its renovation.

At the time, the church had valuable inventory and old stone slabs with inscriptions in ancient Gothic and Glagolitic script. However, there's no trace of the slabs today. The church walls used to be decorated with frescoes. The frescoes disappeared during the last reconstruction, which was carried out without a restorer. There are two bells in the belfry. One of the bells, from 1396, was made in the workshop of Marco Vendramo in Venice. Near the church there is a large medieval well that provided many generations with water.

Source: www.istrapedia.hr

 

For Accommodation Owners

Vacation Houses or Apartments

Tourist office

Ližnjan Tourist Board

Krasa 7
52204 Ližnjan
Tel: +385 578 426
E-mail: info@liznjaninfo, tic@liznjaninfo

EU fondovi